26 January, 2014

THINGS DONE WITHOUT:

So it is the 25th day of the month and before we know it one month is off the year's calendar. Time teaches us a lot of things. Things we thought we needed one day turns out to be not utilised and therefore useless with the passing of time. Just by looking at the outcomes of the decisions we have made we learn truths. Realities that prompt us to improve our situations.

Personally I learned that in the past I gave in to my wasteful impulses. I parted with the cross-trainer for nothing. While I decided to keep the Abs Cruncher I should make it a point to get into it for at least a few minutes a day if just to prove that I am not keeping rubbish with me. This item should prove its worth with obvious result otherwise this will become a nagging reminder of the wasteful person that I am. 

For a month now I had survived without Sky. I missed Rafa played the Australian Open. A friend gave me a link to stream the event but Mac is not working on it so I was out of touch. Comes February, Top Gear will start the 21st series and I have no idea how I can access the show. Without Sky is $90 back in the purse.

Sharing a flat may give me limited privacy. I had to part with my kitchen paraphernalia for one. For such loss, it may not be called a total freedom but to compare, the rent before which was a bit more to what I am paying now was exclusive of internet, power and water. Privacy then also needed extra maintenance cost, spare time and effort to keep the space in order. Considering human beings to be naturally social and the fact that we cannot be totally alone and private  it does not matter too much that I have only my rented room in the house to myself. 

It is amazing how circumstances awaken us to the awareness of our very own character and tendencies. So now that my wasteful impulses have come to my senses I may need to live without more of the stuff I have accumulated. There should be less buying then for 2014.



No comments:

Post a Comment