11 January, 2014

WEEK AFTER:

When we left Auckland a week before the weather was overcast. It is a bright, sunny morning today. The car has not moved anywhere since then as work is only 10 mins walk away. Laundry has been done yesterday so the day is free for unscheduled activities.

Looking out of the window in a calm Wellington weather, I can ask myself. How could I not love it? I was moved to stand up and do a collage of the site.
The last time I was in Wellington I lived up the hill overlooking the bay. Across my place was the city and it was breathtaking at night. Now I am in a valley and surrounding the area are the mountains. The ambiance is soothing and at the same time invigorating. A week from then I can feel the ease in the nerves.

The wind is noticeably cooler here and it feels lighter too. I have not been straightening my hair this week but it is more due to poor time management rather than the winds. The major difference in this endeavour is the prompt to  be more out and about. Work has taken me back into the wheel which has turned into a latent interest that seemed to have died in me. 

Positive highlight could also be that work arena is encouraging yet understanding. I look forward to more catching up with the requirements of the job. It is exciting to realise that this opportunity is leading me to doors I thought I would not be able to come again. Once I felt my life was turning to boredom now I am seeing another side of the field.  I am hearing more laughter from colleagues around. And it feels good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment