05 January, 2014

STARTING 2014:

Uho! uho! uho! it was the 4th night of January, 2014 and a disturbing yet endless sound of coughing was all that there was from the sore and itchy throat. The voice is 99% gone and whisper is all that is left. This could be the effect of several nights lack of sleep, the irritation from the dust on all those aged documents finally shredded  and disposed. Could also be dehydration  while forgetting the need to drink in the face of the mounting file of sorting to do. In short, the stress and neglect has gone into the nerves and here is the immune compromised body, battered and shattered. 

Julia and I survived the 599 kilometres drive from Auckland. Unpacking is also halfway done. Finally I had a bed for my back. I felt sorry for Julia. We have a totally different sleep habit to deal with. She cannot sleep with any noise and light. I turned the music and light off but I cannot control my coughing any bit. It was a relief to my conscience to hear an off and on snore from the soul beside me. I know she is tired and needed sleep. 


I required rest myself. It was good I am not asthmatic otherwise things could have been complicated. I wanted to have my voice for the start of work on Monday. I cannot afford a delay of that start as I needed to start my financial activities right. All these last minute trials but I am still hoping for the best. I remembered Anafe left a small bottle of Vicks vaporub which was famous in childhood as a cough and cold remedy. Sleepy I dug my hands into the box where I remembered it was and thinking of not disturbing Jules I did not turn the light on. 

The content was creamy and smell was familiar. I hurriedly applied some on my chest and throat. I felt a short relief but still not helpful. When I checked in the daytime it was after all antiflamme. Vicks vaporub is more of gel like. Outside, the sound of like a rolling bin come and go. Surely it could not be the neighbours putting out their rubbish. It was the typical Wellington wind growling. 

Weather forecast is a windy and rainy day for the capital. Apparently it will better by 18:00 hours but funny that Jules will be flying back to Auckland by then. So this is it. It is back to Wellington for 2014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment