19 September, 2008

a better reason for being

i was in miramar to do a shift when i met three familiar faces. sweet, good-looking ladies i encountered when i was working as a student coordinator. i thought they were there to work. sad to realize they had a sad story to tell.

the night was rather desturbing for me. i was upset with what i learned. i wanted to email our agent i know he will be willing to help. i was also thinking of talking to my boss, still the same one i worked with my other job. too bad, internet was playing up and i was getting very restless.

morning came i had a shift to do and there was a message asking if i have done something for their cause. i needed to report to work early and ran out to the facility. my thoughts started racing - it seems like facilitating is always a specific role for me to play.

earlier, i was having my own personal concerns. too many things were happening all too fast and i could not decide which one to do first. i dont know what about wellington that i just want to be at the heart of it. where i am are interesting and convenient options, i do not know why i long for the mystery of one place i am never familiar.

the moment i reached home, i readily set the laptop. first i emailed my boss who gave me a rather warm and comforting feeling of freedom. at least it eased my feelings to decide on my own and consider other matters. then i emailed my agent.

the next minute, my agent got back to me asking for contact details. i thought it was of the three ladies who i was very concern of so that i scrolled my phonebook for their numbers. anyway mails came after the other. while i was trying to help three persons, the agent afterall had me in his mind to refer to a sponsor.

everything came into place - all concerns solve with one pure desire to help. the next day, documents were signed and closed. that easy? yes, when i walked into the office, the manager had a copy of an email in his hand. he smiled, i will attend to these three ladies first and this paper tells me who you are.

i sat quietly by the end of the table wondering how good heaven is to all. as i watched the faces of the three all sporting relieve happy smiles, my heart swelled with gladness. i will never be able to repay the goodness of God. I have done just one minor thing of concern, the joy i felt for the blessing is encompassing. everything has all been set up and prepared for the next - always a better reason for things to become - it is time to trust in GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment