04 January, 2009

RELIABILITY and FRIENDSHIP


I met Ryan with his Mom in one of the meetings my agent called for. Some issues were going on and has to be sorted till our visa will be released. At that point, we were both happy to say that we will be there for each other when the time comes.

I happened to leave two weeks before Ryan yet on the next batch of input coming after me, we fell into each others arms on a big HUG. Ryan is a gay, and by all means he is what he is. He became the life of the group, he gathered so many friends even spent more time with them than we do. I had my own steps to make and was getting things done that practically - although we meet at certain times and enjoy some moments we never really come too close as to be side by side every time unlike some who were never away whenever and wherever I am.

Yet Ryan stood differently from among the others - straight or gay. Ryan knew that there were people who wanted to discredit me. Without me knowing it, there were people who tried to compete and rival with me at my back. There were people who wanted to pull and keep me down. And to all these people Ryan was there to even lie, boast and brag for me just to keep me on top. Ryan comes to me to encourage me to be strong. He tells me why I should be more credible than my counterpart and why I should be proud of what I got. Sometimes it gets funny when I had to ride on his jokes just to save his own face.

Then comes a more sensitive and more complicated issue. We had never talked for a long time then. If he must have heard of things, surely he got it from gossips. Very shortly before then, I knew he was into trouble himself. But when the time came, when he crossed the path where he was to show his loyalty, Ryan came up and bravely stood up to declare his allegiance to a friend. I did not expect him to do all those things. The most touching was I got the details of how he dared and courageously took my side from the very person that I was at odds.

Every thing is well and fine with us now. But Ryan was after all the best I got. I am not taking it against the others who wanted to play neutral. Yet, should I look back to what happened and remember what they have to say. I would expect that they can not be sincere with me as well. Sometimes we just have to say and show where we are if just to spell out our sincerity to a friend. As I can not tell Ryan how much I am very thankful of his friendship ... I want the world to know RYAN is as good as gold. He can be trusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment