08 October, 2012

FONKOL:


The HCA from another wing approached the RN from the next wing to say: a daughter is on the phone wanting to talk to you and she is on our line. The RN busy with her evening routine had to walk to the next wing to pick the call.

RN          : RN speaking, what can I do to help?
Daughter: Hi this is daughter, I have been ringing the phone for 20 minutes and no one is picking the phone.
RN          : I am sorry to hear that but I have the wireless phone in my pocket and the main phone on the desk but neither one rang. Anyway how can I help?
Daughter:  I want to know about the condition of my father.
RN          :  Your father is good during the shift. He has no episode of vomiting which he had in the morning. He has been seen by the doctor and is on antibiotic. And ....( before finishing the sentence )
Daughter: I was there in the morning and I know all about the vomiting. I just want to know if he was not vomiting again.
RN          : That is what I am saying, no episode of vomiting, he is able to take his antibiotics and I do not need to administer the Oxygen... he has eaten his dinner.
Daughter: So he is not vomiting at all ? And did he eat anything?
RN          : ( wondering if she was ever talking on the phone ) No vomiting and he has eaten his dinner.
Daughter: Did he eat his dinner?
RN          : ( wanting to curse under her breath ) He ate some of his dinner and he was not vomiting. He is breathing fine. I will ring if anything    
happens.
Daughter:  Well, I am just concern that he is not eating and that he is unwell. And I rang and no one is answering the phone. Will you ring me if           something happens?
RN          : sure we always do that. Thank you for calling and sorry that the phone on here did not ring at all. ( wanting to add - maybe the phone here should have this number and wishing nurses cannot listen and be mean just as well ... kumas kaau ka maam daghan pa kaau ko work ).

No comments:

Post a Comment